Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blogging, Writing, Twitter, and Balance

It seems that there is certainly a balancing act that needs to take place when creating a blog.  First and foremost this blog is about being able to share my stories with you.  Little flights of fantasy that my mind takes now have a home here on my blog.  It's great to be able to have an outlet that I control.

The question is how to get people to find this little spot of the world wide web?  I've been trying to use twitter to let people know when there are stories and new posts added.  It seems like there's a sea of screaming voices there and I'm not sure how loud my shouts are.  I have noticed an uptick of viewership since I started, so I'm keeping it up.  However, as anyone on twitter knows, this takes effort.  If you haven't please follow me @jsatifiction.

If you've found this blog because you're looking for erotica, then please make sure you follow it.  If there's a post that you find interesting, erotic, or just worth commenting on, then please do so!  I want this to be more of a community where there can be a dialogue between readers and me.  Or readers and other readers.  Writing in a vacuum is not nearly as fun as enjoyable as having interaction.

I've got to find that balance point where I can write new works, edit existing ones, and still have time to tweet and read other's blog posts and writings.  I'm still new to this, but please help me and join me on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. It can be hard to find that balance. I don't have any words of wisdom since I'm trying to figure that out for myself, too.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is you're not alone. Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's always nice to know you're not alone.

      Delete